Athletics are an important part of the American Heritage School experience. All athletics are facilitated in harmony with our school’s mission statement and are available to students in grades 6-12. For an in-depth look at our philosophy, principles and practices for our extracurricular programs, please read our handbook, The AHS Way.
You can also check out this video to see what our student-athletes have to say about our athletic programs.
Sports offered include Cross Country (Fall), Volleyball (Fall), Ultimate Frisbee (Fall), Girls Tennis (Fall), Basketball (Winter), Soccer (Fall & Spring), Boys Tennis (Spring), and Track & Field (Spring). For more information regarding any of our athletic program offerings please contact our Athletic Director Yahosh Bonner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We have a number of high-level, seasoned coaches who instill not only skills and drive, but they also focus on developing character through athletics. Sports offer a unique opportunity to fulfill the mission of AHS to develop the heart, mind and body of our students, and we are excited for students to take advantage of these fantastic programs.” – Yahosh Bonner, Athletic Director
Required Registration (High School)
Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, and Tennis athletes need to register on registermyathlete.com to be eligible for competition (create an account, then register).
Registration is a requirement for our sports that are transitioning to the Utah High School Activities Association.
- All athletic participants will adhere to AHS Covid-19 and Social distancing policies.
Required Participant Forms
- AHS Honor Code
- Participant Waiver
- Commitment Form
- Health Exam and Consent Form
- Uniform Policy Commitment Form
Baseball, 9-12 (UHSAA)
- Tryouts: July 26, 3:30–5 p.m.
- Coach Blake Jansen, email@example.com
Cross Country, 6-12 (UHSAA)
- Boys and Girls participate.
- Tryouts: July 12
- Coach Sam Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Soccer, 6-8 (UCSSAL)
- Tryouts: August 14, 10 a.m.
- Coach Hinojosa, email@example.com
Girls Soccer, 9-12 (UHSA)
- Tryouts: July 27, 8 a.m.
- Coach Aimee Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tennis, Girls 9-12 (UHSAA)
- Tryouts August 5, 5 p.m.
- Coach Kumorah Gramse, email@example.com
Ultimate Frisbee, 6-9 (Club)
- Boys and Girls participate.
- Tryouts: September 23, 3:30 p.m.
- Coach Jake Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball, 9-12 Girls Varsity (UHSAA)
- Tryouts: August 2 & 3, 4–6 p.m.
- Coach Liz Tillman, email@example.com
Volleyball, 9-12 Boys Varsity (USSA)
- Tryouts: August 9,10,11, 7–9 p.m.
- Coach Nigel Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Basketball Teams
- Varsity Girls, Coach Derek Maxfield, Assistant Coach Dan Reed
- Varsity Boys, Coach Paora Winitana, Assistant Coach Krispin Banks, Davie Buer
JV Basketball Teams
- JV Girls, Coach Dan Reed, Assistant Coach Jenaya van der Beek
- JV Boys, Coach Krispin Banks, Assistant Coach Ruben Mena
Frosh Basketball Teams
- Frosh Girls, Coach Wendy Pinson
- Frosh Boys, Coach Joe Andreasen
Track and Field, 7-12 (UHSAA)
- Tryouts: February 25, 3:30 p.m.
- Coach Sam Wood email@example.com
Soccer, Girls 7-8 (UCSSAL)
Soccer, Boys 9-12 (UHSAA)
Tennis, Boys 9-12 (UHSAA)
- Tryouts: March 2, 3:30 p.m.
- Coach John Parsons firstname.lastname@example.org
Ultimate Frisbee, 7-9 (Club)
- Tryouts: March 9, 3:30 p.m.
- Coach TBD
Fall – Flag Football
Winter – Ping Pong
Spring – Basketball